Thursday 12 April 2012

My Fly Tying room and a few flies.

 Above is my tying desk, and as you can see, my studio that i use to take the photos of my flies. with the blue back ground set in the tying desk,
 Above, are the cabinet's were i keep most of the materials. aswell as in the tying desk draws,
 A view of my tying books, and some new fly boxes. i had made for myself, will post some photos of them at a later date.
 And another shot of the cabinet tops, all the units are made of Oak. i am very lucky that my mate is a very good cabinet maker,
 We have had some low water, but did have a lift the other day. not much of one so tied up some wee cascades for myself on size 15s partridge salars,
 Also been tying again, for an angler in north Wales. tied up these Jambo wake lures, i also love using these lures. great fun fishing these lure on the top, and seeing the Sewin coming in to take these. also the salmon love them,These are tied with Deerhair body and black bear tail and silver/red flash.
 The six that he wanted, tied on a size 4 Kamasan B175. and a size 12 treble stinger in the rear,
 Plus he wanted a dozen, of my Ghost shrimp. this fly fishes well on dusk, and the fish take them very hard. 
 The full set of Ghosts,
 Plus still in big demand, the Toucan. i have now tied over a 1450 of these flies,

Well still tying, the only thing i am having repeat orders. and tying same patterns all the time, but i am trying to top up my own boxes.my new boxes that my mate John, who made my units in my tying room.  to get out after the sewin. we had a lift of water on the river Towy and i will be out for sure tomorrow day and into the dark, there are a few fish there. so let hope they are up for a few of my flies,  

No comments:

Post a Comment